A34 Comet – Mk 1 Model A – 03/1945
This Comet is built by Leyland under contract M9707 in March 1945 and given the makers number B2-563. The Comet has been used by British Forces during the WW-II and after the war. It remained in service till the early sixties. At 13 October 1964 it was transfered from the Royal Armoured Corps to the Royal Army Medical Corps, were it probably was used as a Gate Guard. After this the Comet was stationed outside the Sennelager Barracks close to Paderborn in Germany. In 1994 it was recovered and partly restored and now it is back again in restoration to complete and perseve this lovely tank.
At the War and Peace Revival Show 2016:
Follow BAIV BV on